Considering puchasing a Japanese imported Toyoto Rav4 98 GL 2 litre Jeep

Jugovic

I'm considering purchasing a Rav4 1998 jeep from a dealer. Jeep is NCT'd up till 2008.

I'm heard both good and bad stories with regard to Jap imported vehicles, especially with trying to locate spare parts.

Would appreciate any feedback on this, especially anyone who has purchased a Jap imported Rav4 jeep and their experience with this.

Much thanks..

anybody drove the Daihatsu Terios or similar Jeep, whats your view on them? is the Daihatsu Terios a rough ride and a poor interior?

Hi Jugovic,
Any bad stories you heard are likely to have been rubbish. I bought a rav years ago having seen it on cbg.ie

It was automatic, a real gem!
I have since seen an irish equivalent and it was manual and not half as nice.

You should find that its in better condition as they're not driven into the road. Spare parts arent a problem

Parts for Toyota's are easy to get, Brong your Model and Frame no from plate under bonnet and you can get any-thing you want for it usually with in 3 days.
Nearly all Jap imports have been clocked so make sure Timing belt is done by dealer over here.
Spec is always higher over there so it will prob be a nicer one than the one over here on the inside at least.
Drive and make sure it's not to stiff coz it might have an aftermarket suspension which would cost a fortune to replace over here.

Back