consent of laying gas pipelines

macflea

10 years ago bord gais put a pipeline through 15 acres of land adjacent to a village and now that 15 acres is sterilised for building cos any building has to be at least 15 meters from the line. the land was in a company that was struct off for last 15 years but the two directors both elderly signed a consent form,eventhough company struck off, were bascially told to accept it or compulsary purscahase . i recently got company up and going again and as one of original directors is deceased i am now one of directors, i am not happy with the 1500 euros compensation which is due , cos basically this field will never be of any used except for grazing , not even pitches will be allowed on it. been told by solicitor nothing can be done and to accept this 1500 euro compensation. anybody have any ideas , would be appreciated. can i dispute this agreement ?

Have you read the BGE wayleave ? I don't believe it will prevent the use of the ground for pitches. Also, I have a vague recollection that there is a mechanism where if a future development is prevented due to the gas pipeline, you can go re-visit the compensation issue (but they won't pay you now for loss of potential\future development value, if you see what I mean).

I should say that I haven't read a BGE wayleave lately, but I have sold a housing estate where a BGE pipeline goes through it ( through the green area and indeed through some of the estate roads). It is for this reason that I cannot believe you would be prevented from making use of the ground as pitches.

Pay to divert the gas line around the boundary of the site. assuming the layout of the site, you may then be able do develop a portion of the site. it will all be down to cost and how big the development is.

the land was in a company that was struct off for last 15 years but the two directors both elderly signed a consent form,eventhough company struck off, were bascially told to accept it or compulsary purscahase . i recently got company up and going again and as one of original directors is deceased i am now one of directors, i am not happy with the 1500 euros compensation which is due

The biggest issue here may be who owns the land - the above doesnt make sense.

Back