Connecting power supply to laptop causes wireless connection to drop

eamonn123456

Connecting power supply into the power point at the back of my laptop causes wireless connection to drop every time. Just started last night.

Anyone heard of this happening?

I'm going to try and borrow another Acer power supply and hope that the problem is not internal to the laptop.

In the mean time I am using a lan cable to connect to the net.

Not happy with cable trailing across the house. Was thinking of using a second router I have, and connecting one router to the other(which I will keep beside my desk), and then connecting with a short lan cable.

Is this something that can be done? Any tips on how please?

I can't help but I work remotely using a VPN and this used to cause VPN connection to drop for me. Wierd I know but you get used to it.

Fair enough but it's hard to get used to when the connection can not be re-established while the power supply is plugged in. Maybe I wasn't clear on that.

Go to the battery symbol on the taskbar beside the clock while plugged in. Make sure "wireless lan" is ticked and all should work. The power scheme is being changed when you plug in the power supply to a power scheme that has "wireless lan" disabled.

Caff, you are a genius! Thanks a million - never thought of that, and that's exactly what was wrong. Working again perfectly now I have updated my power settings.

Thanks again!

That's a new one on me. Strange option to have. There's one for the FAQs on the Acer website!