Connecting a co-axial cable to TV

TarfHead

The second TV in the house had an 'accident' last night and now the co-axial 'port' has sheared off. The TV has supports other means of input, e.g. SCART, Red/White/Yellow, s-video.

Are there converters that can adapt a co-axial cable to any of those inputs and, if so, what are they called and where in Dublin can they be bought, e.g. Peats, Maplins ?

co-axial is where the aerial goes in ,it is not the same as the others .
best to get it fixed somewhere

Do you have a VCR? Just connect the VCR's scart to your TV scart and connect your incoming coax cable to the VCR.

Thanks
It's a wall-mounted TV so attaching a VCR to the set-up isn't feasible.

I bought a universal modulator in Maplins this afternoon. The lad in the shop claimed it would do the job, bit not so far. The lad in Peats claimed it wasn't possible.

Get a wireless scart to scart in Argus for about 60 euro and connect one into the video and the other into the TV.....

Thanks
It's a wall-mounted TV so attaching a VCR to the set-up isn't feasible.
I don't understand. You had a RF/coaxial going into the TV before, all I'm suggesting is inserting a VCR somewhere between where the cable comes into the house and the TV.

But if not possible, yes, best solution is to have the RF/Coax input on the TV repaired.

btw, afaik a universal modulator is designed to convert TO RF, not the other way around, so not surprised that doesn't seem to be working.

I don't understand. You had a RF/coaxial going into the TV before, all I'm suggesting is inserting a VCR somewhere between where the cable comes into the house and the TV.

I agree that your suggestion is a valid solution, just not feasible to buy / locate a VCR between the cable point and the TV.

But if not possible, yes, best solution is to have the RF/Coax input on the TV repaired.

btw, afaik a universal modulator is designed to convert TO RF, not the other way around, so not surprised that doesn't seem to be working.

Yes - I twigged that earlier - back to Maplins for a refund and/or a row.