Confused! re: Craedit Card Transfer....

P

Popsy

Hi there, this is a bit long winded but perhaps someone can advise me...

I recently received an Ulster Bank Visa, to which I transferred the balance of 2 other existing cards to....

Ulster Bank made a payment to both these accounts no problem. However, I received statements from the other two companies and on the statement it showed that I was in credit with both of them... I called the companies concerned and they advised me that 2 payments were made and that according to them I was now in credit with them. I contacted Ulster Bank Credit Card services, explained the story to the girl, and she said that only one payment was made to each of these accounts...she checked with the Manager who said the same thing. I just received a statement from Ulster Bank and definitely only one payment has gone through to each company.

Ulster Bank say it has nothing to do with them...the other companies say likewise. Any advise on what I should do??

Obviously would love to remain in credit to the tune of almost 2 grand!! but I assume this mistake, on whoevers part, will be picked up on eventually???

Thanks in advance!

Seems a bit strange that both companies are saying that two payments have been made. Betcha Ulster bank will come back and say it was their error. :eek:

Ask the two companies that say you're in credit to send you a check for the balance.

Cash both cheques immediately, and keep the cash in an interest paying account until they figure out who's mistake it was.

If they sorted it out within a year or two spend the cash on something nice. I think the statute of limitations is 5 years on financial matters if you want to play it by the book.

-Rd

I would be afraid that both these companies would at a later date claim that neither account was 'closed' and would try and charge the €40 duty. See the item from kildare angel on a subject not unsimilar.

Back