Conflict between Adobe Flash and Windows 7 (64 bit)

Complainer

I was helping out a relative today with a fairly new Windows 7 laptop. Performance seemed awful btw, even with 3 GB RAM, but that's not my query. They are unable to view anything on Youtube or slideshows on Flickr because Adobe Flash isn't installed. When I click the 'install' links for Flash, it tells me that I can't install Flash on a 64-bit machine, but there is some option for installing it in a 32-bit browser to run on a 64-bit machine.

I didn't get time to investigate any further, but it seems unbelievable that there is such an obvious conflict in place months after Win 7 has been launched. Have I understood this correctly? Is there an easy solution?

I have Windows 7 64bit and I had no problem downloading and installing Adobe Flashplayer. You can run IE in either 32bit or 64bit BTW .

Also, go to Control Panel/all control panel Items/ performance Information and tools and see if there ia a Windows experience index. if not, run the assesement, and it will turn on or off the visualization settings to help run smooth. I've seen win 7 installed on 4/5 year old laptops and run great....

Back