Confidential Papers

rochs

I have a large quantity of Cheque Book Stubs and Bank Statemente going back over 30 years. I would like to Dispose of these in a safe and secure manner, is there a service that carries out this kind of work i could shred them but it would take days and probably a burned out shredder.

rochs

Depending on how large a quantity you mean...and its probably slightly illegal...but taking neighbours into consideration etc...I would burn them in the bbq tray.

How many storage boxes are you talking about?

Not quite legal as mentioned above but I burn everything like that, do it in small quantities over time.

Rochs
Instead of damaging the environment and wasting materials as suggested above I recommend recycling in a secure manner so at least the paper gets re-used. I can't believe people are suggesting burning paper this way. Do people not realise how many years it takes for trees to mature and prodcuce the raw materials required to manufacture paper. There are a number of shredding companies in Ireland which handle the recycling of confidential waste for very reasonable prices. Just google one in your area or contact your local co council for available alternatives.

There are a number of businesses opperating confidential shredding services, Shred-It are one example. They have trucks with built in shredders, they will call to you and shred on-site.
Leo

Stating the obvious maybe - but do you have an open fire? Just burn them - it's only paper.

smurfit recycling on Ballymount road do it - simply drive in, weigh, drop off & drive back out and then pay by weight.

quite cheap