Conference venue suggestions please.

mct1

I am planning a small seminar/conference (guessing, but around 30 delegates or so). Tullamore Court Hotel has been recommended and seems fine but I wonder if there is somewhere nearer Dublin that would be a good and accessible venue? Efficency and good value are important. This is a new departure and it would be nice to make a good impression on attenders so they'll come back, and also to at least break even on costs. Any ideas please?

Clanard Court Hotel in Athy on N78 dublin side of town ( circa 45mins from Red Cow ) is reasonable and fairly accessible.

No affiliation to this hotel - just used it for a few meetings and seminars

If only looking at 30 persons, any regular conference venue will not budge to much on their delegate rate. More wriggle room with 200 or more delegates.

Bewleys Hotels usually have small rooms up 25/30 persons.

When i was organising events, parking, lunch and more recently wi-fi always came out on the comment/review findings as been important.

Now as a seasoned attendee at seminars , and similar events , Subject, then * rating of hotel where its hosted are foremost in my mind.

With traffic etc as a problem, a nice approach I once took was 7.30am breakfast 8.30 am start very light lunch and finished at 3, delegates raved about it.

Other venues , IMI in Dundrum, Freemason's Hall Molesworth St.

We have used Croke Park [broken link removed] for those sort of numbers. It was amasing the number of country clients it attracted who we thought would not be bothered to come. They use the corporate boxes for smaller events.

Good suggestions - I'll look into them.

I should probably have said that the idea is to have people attend from all parts of Ireland - including Cork, Waterford as well as Dublin. I've considered the Dublin Writers' Museum but parking and traffic was a nightmare last time I was there.

Hope you don't me hijacking the thread on some related questions. Has anyone got recommendations for suppliers who can do either of the following;

- Take conference bookings including credit card payments on behalf of an organisation (and hand over the money obviously)
- Record conference procedings on video and make this available on the web

Thanks