Condition on Planning

I already have the smaller plans drawn up and the coco has a copy of them,the architect didnt charge any extra so the only expense is the planning application fee but its the length of time thats bothering me.Like we have actually started our house its ready to have the floors poured friday and as far as I know ur ment to have the fee's paid before you even start but the coco were taking so long to sort out the development fees we said we'd go ahead and surely they would have it done shortly but they took ages so we carried on building so i think at the end of the day is to maybe pay the extra 3800euro to save the hassle and waiting we'll be in the house in the length of time it will take to go through planning again like

1. Planning permission for a house.
2. Building a different house.
3. Started building already.
4. No planning permission.

I would very seriously review your situation. Unless you are financing all this yourself without a mortgage, I cannot understand how a lender will lend you money unless you have planning permission for the house you are building and your architect can certify that the house is being built in accordance with that p.p.

mf

I already have the smaller plans drawn up and the coco has a copy of them,the architect didnt charge any extra

That's quite a deal. Do you mind sharing with us how much the architect charged you to design the two houses?

Well actually the architect is my uncle so thats handy paid him for one set but he didnt want money for the other set.

That is handy indeed. Have you consulted with your uncle about your current dilemma? I'm sure he'd be able to advise as he is probably accustomed to dealing with local authorities if he does a lot of planning applications.

Not yet he's actually in england so still trying to contact him so hopefully he'll be able to tell me more anyway.