Condition of Used Cars at Dealers

RedTop

I test drove 10 used 4x4's from main dealers in the last 2 weeks. In all cases, I rang ahead to let them know I was coming, so they had time to prepare. 4 of them failed to start and replacement batteries did not always work. 2 of those which we eventually managed to jump start showed symtoms of electrical issues with warning lights coming on during the test drive. One which did start first time had an unusual sound from the engine and was about 4K Km overdue for a service. One was sitting in the used car lot for 6 mths and was very dusty and had bird droppings on the bonnett. Another had it's handbrake stuck or frozen and had to be jerked forward to release it. Another was so badly treated by the previous owner that I did not even take it for a drive. I must stress that all of these cars were at Main Dealers - not Back Street Traders. Anyone else had similar experience.

I've seen it this week in my efforts to secure Life Assurance and House Insurance.
The lack of knowledge and lack of interest shown by employees of well known companies is shameful.

Unless customer relations improve our country will reach its demise a lot quicker than we are approaching it now.

The 'customer is king' attitude needs to prevail/return if companies expect to survive.

Last edited:
that's scandalous. Obviously management are incapable or unwilling to get the sales staff to get off their bums and do a bit of basic maintenance.

maybe it wasn't in their contracts. :rolleyes:

you'd think they'd be fighting for sales at the moment.

Back