Condensing boiler question

gramlab

Just got rid of an inside boiler for and outside C35 firebird condensing boiler. Plumber who did it said it was the first one he fitted so he did not know what to expect. There is a hell of a lot of water vapor coming from the exhaust (like having a sauna outside the back window). I thought that there wouldn't be much considering it is supposed to condense the water and drop it to the drain.

Does anyone have one of these type of boilers?

Re: Condendsing boiler question

I have one, there is normally a lot of exhaust fumes at the start until the bolier heats up , you will notice it more on a frosty night, I must say I find it very good and it is more economical than your starndard boiler

Re: Condendsing boiler question

This is called pluming and is normal for a Condensing boiler, any water vapor condensing in the flue will run back into the boiler and run into a drain, but a lot of water vapor will be pushed into the atmosphere.

The old boiler didn't seem to have anything like this coming out of it though. I thought the whole point of a condensing boiler was that it condensed the vapor and used the extra heat?Where is all this vapor coming from?

Your right, but not all the vapor will condense in the flue because a condensing boiler is not relying on condensing 100% of the products combustion to achieve its efficiency, so alot of water vapor will be pushed out by the fan, causing the pluming, it's only condense produced in the flue and heat exchanger that will flow into the condense drain.

Is your flue horizontal? if so ,contact your plumber or firebird and see if they supply a vertical flue kit. this will enable you to raise it higher and hopefully out of sight.

Back