Condensation inside Double Glazing

al2000

Hi all,
Moved into our newly built house almost 2 years ago.
We have just noticed a problem with our living room window, double glazing uPVC.
There is condensation in between the double glazing, some days it's pretty bad, in between the glazing can get pretty foggy.
Isn't this space between the glazing supposed to be a vacuum, if so does this mean we have a crack somewhere on the seal and could it cause future problems?
I want to get some background on this before I get onto our builder.
I know condensation is fairly normal, cold air hits hot air, but condensation inside the double glazing???
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Condensation between the panes means that the unit is not sealed so is not doing its job as far as insulation goes. It needs to be repaired or, more likely, replaced.

It would be still under guarantee, the unit has "broken-down". Ask your window supplier to replace it.

Some D/G units have a 5 year and some a 10 year guarantee.

Hi again,
I just got off the phone to the company who installed the windows.
They say they only give a guarantee of 1 year, so I'm told there will be a
charge for the repair/replacement agghh!!
There has to be something I can do???
I wouldn't mind if it was moving parts or abuse that's causing the problem.

Check that they are telling you the truth.
Check in case you have a statutory entitlement to some form or redress (e.g. try ConsumerConnect for advice).
Check if the manufacturer as opposed to fitter might offer any guarantee.
Check if Homebond might cover this if applicable (very much doubt it but no harm in trying).
Check if your insurance might cover it (might not be worth claiming depending on your policy excess and possibly knock on effects on renewal premiums).

Hi again,
Here's the latest;

currently in the process of finding out if they are telling the truth.
found the company's website, and they install and manufacture the windows, also no mention of guarantee on there.
contacted consumerconnect who led us to the estate agent who sold us the house, which in turn leaves us to get in contact with our solictor, who might have contracts about installation[hopefully sort it today].

My gut feeling at this stage is we will probably end up going thru' the insurance[strangely enough the policy is up for renewal in the next couple of weeks!!!!]

Get someone to telephone the company enquiring about a new build and then drop in the question of how much of a guarantee comes with the frames and glazing!

Cheeky I know, but twice as cheeky not to have some sort of guarantee.

The developer just sent someone out to look at it this morning, they then contacted the window company and they said they'll sort it, but it'll take a week or so.
Thanks again aam.