Concrete foundation for garden shed

O

ocj

Hi there,
I'm putting in a small concrete foundation in the garden for one of those metal sheds "yardmaster" and was wondering if anyway here has done the same?
Does anyone know if you can get the likes of roadstone to deliver a small amount of ready mixed cement or will i have to hire a cement mixer and sart from there?

Just an early morning thought.

Cheers

It depends on the amount of concrete your pouring but i would imagine its going to be between 2 and 3 cuM.

Your going to be looking at around 300 to 400 euro for it to be delivered.

It would save you a lot of trouble and time. Just bear in mind access for the truck. You would want a mix of C25N/20 or similar. And a layer of steel mesh.

Ours is only on well laid paving slabs.

Thanks for the replies. I should of mentioned the shed is only 8 foot x 10.
It's a terraced house so the concrete would have to be wheelbarrowed through the house.
I see the ad for the shed says paving slabs would do the job to.
I have alot of tools to go into the shed and i'll be doing a bit of work in there so that's why i was going for the concrete option.
thanks for the replies so far.

Ours is only on well laid paving slabs.
Same here. Cleared and compacted a patch of ground. Laid a weed resistant greound sheet. Laid slabs on top and the erected the shed on that and bolted it into the corner slabs. Worked a treat.

I recently got one of these sheds. Put down a concrete foundation - was told it was the best thing to do. Glad I did it - looks complete. Got two handy non-national workmen - charged €600 cash for cement and labour.

anything under 2sqm of concrete delivered costs 3 arms and five legs or 230 approx but it can be worth the while in the long run

Cheers for all the replies,
Priced out gravel, sand and cement and they all work out fairly cheap to buy so i'm gonna hire a mixer and do it myself should only cost approx Eur 100.

For my 8x13 shed I dug 3 shallow and narrow trenches under 3 main load-bearing points (2 end walls and centre where shed is 'joined') put some sand/gravel in bottom and compacted level. Then simply laid blocks (no mortar) to build up to height, covered area in weed-block, spread pebbles, and got installers to put shed on my 3 improvised 'strip foundations'. Very cheap and easy work, no cement or mixer. Still solid 6 years on.