Concession Travel Tickets for those with a Disability...?

Joanne

Would anyone here know if there are concession travel tickets available for use on public transport by those who have a disability? I know there is a half-fare travel ticket available to those in Northern Ireland who are in receipt of a disability benefit, so I was wondering if there is any equivelant in the Republic? Thanks!

People with certain types of disability are entitled to travel free on Dublin Bus, Iarnrod Eireann and Bus Eireann. You have to apply for a pass, which comes with a photograph. I'd say Oasis could give you more information.

In Facta - here's the info from Oasis:
You may be entitled to free travel if:
  • You are aged 66 or over and living permanently in the state
  • You are receiving a Disability Allowance, a Blind Person's Pension, a Carer's Allowance or an Invalidity Pension from the Department of Social and Family Affairs. If you were receiving an Invalidity Pension and changed over to a Retirement Pension or a Widow's/Widower's Pension, you retain the entitlement.
  • You are in residential care and would be receiving Disability Allowance if you were not in such care
  • You have been receiving Unemployability Supplement for at least a year
  • You are blind and aged over 18
  • You are blind and aged between 16 and 18 and attending a special workshop or training school
  • You have been receiving Invalidity Pension or Benefit from another EU member state or from a country with which Ireland has a bilateral social security agreement for at least a year
  • You are a widow or widower aged 60 or over whose late spouse held a free travel pass and who is receiving one of the following payments: retirement pension, Widow's/Widower's pension, single parent family payment or a similar social security pension/benefit from an EU member state or a country with which Ireland has a bilateral social security agreement or a Garda widow's pension.

Back