Concert in RDS - rules re what's allowed in?

marcellaf

hello,

I'm in a bit of a quandry, and was hoping that someone might be able to advise.

Two friends and I bought tickets to go to the Bruce Springsteen concert in the RDS in May. Got pitch tickets, so standing only.
One of my friends found out she was pregnant about a week after we bought the tickets, and she will be almost 7 months gone by the time of the concert.
Does anyone know if ticketmaster would be able to swap her ticket for a seated ticket (and she'd pay the extra of course), or failing that, would she be allowed bring a fold up stool/chair in to the pitch with her?

There doesn't seem to be 3 seats available together, unless I buy off ebay and pay over the odds.

Any suggestions? I have tried ringing both the RDS and Ticketmaster a few times over the last few months but failed to get through.

I doubt she'd be able to bring a stool in with her. It may not be an issue. The same happened to me. Was 8 months pregnant at the time of the concert. If you stay well towards the back (my friends were good enough to avoid the front and stay with me) she won't be squashed. There's always a fair bit of room at the back and less pushing and shoving than up front.

I went to see George Michael in the RDS last year and was just 4 months pregnant but was determined to be up the front! Thankfully I did have a bit of a bump and the security couldn't have been nicer. I don't know if it will be the same at Bruce Springsteen, but I had tons of room in the pit and was never squashed. Something I was extremely surprised at because I'm used to having my ribs battered and bruised up the front at gigs!

Failing that, you might find that people with seated tickets would prefer to stand and turn up early to the gig so if you hang around the seated area and see any spare ones once the concert has started, I'm sure the security would let your friend sit down. She definitely wouldn't be allowed bring a fold-up chair in.

I'm surprised you haven't been able to get through to Ticketmaster. They have a Dublin number you could try which is their Head Office I think. It's 01-6486060.