Concerned for tenants welfare and also my rental property

Kerrigan

Hello,

I have been given one months notice from my tenant who is looking to cut short their lease; never had any issue with said tenant; prompt payment etc. etc.

Problem is the rental property is situated next to a terrace of repossessed properties that are beginning to show signs of wear, in seriously need of upkeep and have now attracted the attention of some dodgy looking individuals who have already set up regular meetings there. I guess trouble is on the horizon and obviously tenant is aware of this and I don't blame them for wanting to vacate.

The tenant has spoken with some of the neighbors and they have informed them that nobody ever drops by the property and that the previous owners have gone bankrupt.

The owners are obviously no longer in sight so who do I contact in relation to the carnage that's currently going on?

For €5 per house you could find out who the registered owner is and I think you will also get the name of the lender on the property who is probably the ones who are responsible for it now or a receiver on their behalf. You could write a strong letter to them. If you can establish who is responsible for them by this method you could complain to the relevant Co. Co. and inform them who you think is the owner. Could they come under the derelict sites act for which the Co. Co are responsible for enforcing. Are there any criminal acts being conducted in the premises that would warrant the Gardai getting involved. I would not be too hopeful about the assistance you would get from the Co. Co.