Computure Repair Shop + External Memory Drive

whiz

Hi Guys

I have two questions:

-Would anybody recommend a computure repair shop in dublin city centre, the problem is the internal CD Drive in my Dell labtop is broken, would anyone recommend a repair shop that could repair the problem and the cost would be reasonable too ?

-Can you save an application (Photoshop) to an external memory drive and the program would be able to run off the external drive on any pc ?

Thanks for any advice in advance, regards Whiz

Cheaper to get an external dvd rewriter. Photoshop is a no no I think (no licence)

Licence is a seperate issue. You can store (install) photoshop on an external hard disk and it will open from there. But when its open, its running in the memory (RAM) on your laptop not the external hard disk. If you run out of memory (RAM) on the laptop photoshop can be configured to use a hard disk as additional memory (Sratch disk) but its incredibly slow. You want to avoid that if at all possible. You only need this is you were working on massive files.

Which Dell is it. A lot of Dell laptops are modular and the CD/DVD optical drive can be popped out very easy, and simply swapped with a replacement. Some of the slot loading ones, might no be as easily removed though. I've never used them but Computers Unlimited in Phibsboro fix laptops. Theres probably a bunch of places all over Dublin.