Computer scanner/printer

Mebs

I got a new computer. Can you get a scanner and printer in one? If you can what price do they start at? Thanks.

I got a new computer. Can you get a scanner and printer in one? If you can what price do they start at? Thanks.

Yes You can get all in ones. Prices vary greatly you should shop around. You are better off getting a middle of the range one (or the best you can afford) as some of the cheap ones cost more in ink replacement in the long run. Also if you want to print photos you are better off using manufacturer own brand ink and paper as they will last longer. Additionly the maufacturer may not honour the gaurantee if you use third party inks. I have an epson rx620 which I am quite happy with
although the inks are a little expensive but it has been going for 4 years now with no probs. you could check the magazine sites such as www.pcadviser.co.uk for reviews

Thank you adder1. I had a Hewlitt Packard printer up to about a year ago but it packed up. I never had a scanner. Are they easy to use?

I spotted one of them HP all-in-ones in Dunnes for just under €40. Same kind of model I use at home and easy to work. A big ink cartridge is €19 which, unfortunately, is quite a standard price. If you will print loads and loads, a laser printer may be more economical to run but more expensive to buy.

Thank you adder1. I had a Hewlitt Packard printer up to about a year ago but it packed up. I never had a scanner. Are they easy to use?

I cant say for other makes as I have not used them much but epson is quite easy to use. Most of the branded makes should be easy to use as well. I hear cannon or hp is easy to use. Also if buying all in one try get 1 with separate ink cartridges as you can then replace only the ones that run out. Where as in a combined cartridge if one colour runs out you have to replace the whole thing although some colours may still have a signifcant amount of ink remaining

Yes most inkjet printers on sale now include photocopier and scanner. They start at around €60 for an all-in-one. I have never seen a laser printer with a scanner/copier. HP, Epson, Canon, Lexmark, Brother etc all make all-in-ones and they are very easy to use. If you intend using it for photo printing, then I would recommend Canon for best quality, followed by Epson.

I recently bought a couple of Samsung B&W Laser with a Scanner/photo copier all in one. Cost about €100. Its cheaper to get colour stuff like photos printed in photo shop. At home all you really need is B& Letters. Having a photocopier is handy too.

Back