Completing RF100A form

November

A bit stuck here. Purchased a second-hand Ford Focus from dealer and have just now received my Registration Certificate from Revenue so I now need to complete a RF100A form to tax the car.
My confusion is in filling out this form! The car is a 2008 (first reg February) and doesn't have an NCT cert. Is this correct, how do I complete "Section 3: Certificate of Roadworthiness" Can I just leave it blank?
Section 5 deals with Motor Tax Renewal Details. How can I find out when the expiry date of the last motor tax disc was? Also past owner period?
Is this information that we should have got from the garage. Not a big deal as can always follow up with them on this!
Thanks is advance for any advice.

As the car is under 4 years old, it doesn't need an NCT so you can ignore that bit.

Is there a tax disc in the car itself which can give you the expiry details?

1. Ignore the NCT part.

2. Assuming the car doesn't have a current motor tax disc - you only need to pay tax from the date you bought the car. You don't need to know the expiry date of the previous disc.

3. The past owner period was 02/2008 - 0X/2009 - replace the 0X with the month prior to you buying the car as you become the owner from the month in which you bought the car e.g. if you bought it in July 2009 put in 06/2009 and then you will be taxing it from 07/2009 for 3, 6 or 12 months.

Hope this is clear any questions just ask.

Thanks a million for getting back to me so quickly. Next problem is that the car is registered in my boyfriends name but I am the named insurance policy holder..aargh...so another few things to sort out yet.

The insurance issue doesn't affect you getting the car taxed. All you need to provide to motor tax are the insurance details.

BTW if you bought the car in the last week of the month you are not liable for tax for that month.