Completing CA24 for deceased: UK Domiciled with Irish assets

Helpful_Hound

Thank you for looking at this thread...
My father died earlier this year, UK domiciled, but with one bank account in Ireland (AIB) from when he lived here many years ago. He died in England without a will, so Letters of Administration were issued from the UK Probate courts and his UK estate all nicely tidied up. However, AIB bank won't release his funds without an Irish issued Probate. I live here in Ireland, therefore am going through the personal application for Probate here... part of which needs Inland Revenue Affidavit Form CA24 completing. There are a couple of points I really would appreciate some assistance on:

1) Do I need to list all my late fathers assets and bank accounts including from the UK (which were already dealt with through the UK Probate) or just the assets in here Ireland that I need access to?

3) If needed, where on the CA24 do I need to list my fathers UK assets. Part 5 asks for "Property outside the State passing under the Will/Intestacy of the deceased" - does bank accounts count as 'property'? As they are UK based and have been dealt with through UK Probate are they considered as "passing under the Will/Intestacy of the deceased". Alternatively do they get listed in Part 6 (guidance notes for Part 6 state "In this section please provide details of any property not included in the will.")

2) The house he lived in was a family home which he and my mum lived in in England. They were joint tenants, and therefore the property passed directly on to her. Does this need to be listed anywhere on the CA24 (Part 5 'Property outside the state'; Part 6 'was there any Irish or foreign property held jointly?'; Part 7 'Schedule of lands and buildings'), or can it be omitted completely as it does not form part of my dads estate?

I have already sought legal advice from a solicitor on this, but after waiting weeks for the appointment it was cancelled hours beforehand, so would appreciate any input I can get on this.

Thanks for the guidance on this one, very much appreciated.

You have indeed provided advice, so I thank you Brendan.

If, however, someone can provide me any advice relating to the CA24 I would be even more grateful!

The Probate Office should be able to help with this - they are very helpful

Back