Complaint about Carpet Right

piper

Hello,
Ordered carpets from Carpet Right in mid Nov for four rooms in my house. They arrived early Dec as requested.
The carpet fitters discovered that the shop had cut the stairs and landing too short. They said the store would call later that day. After 10 days of waiting I phoned them. They said carpets would not arrive till Jan. They did not apologise for not phoning or for getting the order wrong. I told then their customer service was appalling. I then asked to cancel the order, they said I would have to pay a cutting fee. I informed them I was not paying for their mistake. They then said they would lay a temorary carpet for Christmas and the manager would phone the following day. Guess what I am still waiting for him to call and still have bare wood on stairs and landing.
I dont want the carpet now I am so disgusted with them.
Anyone any advice?
P.

Did any of the rest of the job go OK?
Did you pay for it?
Did you pay for other work not done or not completed to your satisfaction?
Are you out of pocket (apart from having been inconvenienced)?
Sounds like you should look elsewhere to get the remaining (?) carpeting work done at this stage. If you are looking for money back from CR then put your complaints/case in writing to them and then escalate it to the [broken link removed]/ and/or Small Claims Court if necessary.
If you are looking

Hi
The rest of the job went reasonably well. One pre-cut carpet I bought was measured the wrong size in the store. The carpet layers came back the following day with the correct size. Have to say the carpet fitters were great.

Everything was paid for up front, except the carpet fitters fee. I paid them as the carpets were laid. So I have not paid for the fitting of stairs and landing.

I want money back for carpet I bought but have not got, and I feel their customer care should be better.

Would ODCA/ECC take this sort of thing on considering its all based on a telephone conversation?
p.