Comparing the cost of living standards from country to country?

Z

Ziggystardus

Hi there,

Does anyone out there know a good site to compare the cost of living standards from country to country?

I'm thinking of moving to Canada and want to compare standards to here (can hardly be more expensive!)

Re: Comparing the Cost of Living

According to Mercer there are no Canadian cities in the top 50 so you might have to do some digging.

Re: Comparing the Cost of Living

The Big Mac index in the Economist is reckoned to be pretty accurate; if I could remember how it worked I'd tell you,but I'm sure someone will know.

If you know where you need to go then you should just ask people who have been. I lived in Toronto for a year about 3 or 4 years ago. It was fairly average in terms of cost of living. It is relative to what you earn I suppose so if you earn a good wage you can live very well. Compared to Dublin you're smiling. Rent is cheaper (although most places are unfurnished), food and drink are cheaper and transport is fairly reasonable. Canada is a great county to live in, except the winter is bitterly cold (I think it hit -33 degrees at one point while I was there).

Back