"Comparing Bitcoin to Ponzi Schemes is unfair...

I watched the full minute and he did not refer to any use other than speculation. OK, a hedge against the fiat currencies collapsing, but that is the same thing.

It has no practical everyday use other than its use by criminals.

Brendan
Like you I genuinely wanted to know what these new "use" cases were and expected to hear of some big legal breakthroughs in the use of smart contracts or whatever. Instead we get a clip reminding us that bitcoin is "non-sovereign, hard cap supply, global, immutable, decentralised, digital store of value". Go figure.

Like you I genuinely wanted to know what these new "use" cases were and expected to hear of some big legal breakthroughs in the use of smart contracts or whatever. Instead we get a clip reminding us that bitcoin is "non-sovereign, hard cap supply, global, immutable, decentralised, digital store of value". Go figure.
big legal breakthroughs?

What the hell are you talking about?

big legal breakthroughs?
wiki said:
Smart contracts are prime examples of how multidisciplinary collaboration can lead to groundbreaking innovations. The synergy between economics, cryptography, and computer science has created a tool that could transform how we engage in legal and financial transactions. As these fields continue to evolve, the potential for smart contracts to revolutionize various sectors of society remains vast and largely untapped.
What the hell are you talking about?
Chill out gal!
Wiki said:
Mitty is a meek, mild-mannered man with a vivid fantasy life
Walter would certainly have made millions out of bitcoin.

Smart contracts have been available on bitcoin for some time via layer 2's. You're just not in the loop.

You implied that I was lying about making my money so I'm more than happy to send you a video of me logging into some of my wallets that contain several million.

I'm moving countries tomorrow for the last time hopefully but im done with this forum.

The penny will drop for you people at some point.

Until then, stick to your prize bonds and S&P

If you want that video, dm me your email address.

Im out

Smart contracts have been available on bitcoin for some time via layer 2's. You're just not in the loop.

You implied that I was lying about making my money so I'm more than happy to send you a video of me logging into some of my wallets that contain several million.

I'm moving countries tomorrow for the last time hopefully but im done with this forum.

Until then, stick to your prize bonds and S&P

If you want that video, dm me your email address.

Im out
That’s quite the mic drop!

I would never accuse anybody of lying. Fantasists actually believe their fantasies. I suppose taking the ball off the pitch is another quirky behaviour of fantasists. I would be wary about sharing my email with a fantasist.

One of my favourite crypto participant traits - is the 'multi-level marketing' trait or put more simply the commissioned salesmen character....the one which inherently reveals the pyramid scheme-esque or MLM economic structure underpinning these investment promotion schemes.

I've rarely met a crypto convert who doesn't within a very short period of time start selling their favorite coin or the space broadly to disinterested family or as is the case here complete strangers online. Their tenacity, relentlessness and ability to ride over disinterest or outright objections would put any used car or timeshare salesmen to shame.

It's deeply impressive and speaks to the power of incentives what happens when someone has a financial stake in an outcome and has an instinctual nose for the fact that their exit with a profit or continued compound returns in the investment requires others to enter the space after them.

I see a lot of that same tenacity & relentlessness displayed on this thread.

It must hurt that you've missed out

I also see one of the other 'tells' that separates true investments from speculations....and that is emotionality.....a speculative investment triggers an emotional response from the holder.....their inherent sensitivity which manifests itself in emotionality (gloating, mocking, puffery, anger, incredulousness, name calling) are the 'tells' that what they 'own' does not have self-generating returns (intrinsic value) but rather what they own depends on the future participation of others.

Back