Company took money from visa

virgo08

We are a small business and a company approached us back in march to do some advertsing in the local area. The cost of the advertisment was €700 they would take this from our company credit card once the advertising proof was approved by us. They never sent us a proof and took the money from our account immediately this happened back in march. We have requested the money back lots of times and was told that the advert would be going ahead in a month or two (6mths later) even though the took the money in March. They are refusing to take my calls and are not communicating with me at all. I dont want to go down the legal root as this will cost me more is there anything else i can do. I have tried calling them so many times with no luck at all.

Ring Joe Duffy and name and shame the company/individual.

If you still don't get the refund get onto Comreg.

Also check to see if any more money has been taken from the credit card and possibly contact your bank to block any further charges from this person.

there has been a spate of scams in recent months regarding "advertising" in local directories/websites. Hate to say it but it sounds as if you've been done

I don't see any option apart from going legal.

Too late for a chargeback I think ?

I think Mpsox my be correct.

Get onto the credit card company anyway. You can't lose by asking...

if you've signed anything, read it in detail, a lot of these scams have annual charges

We did ring the visa company and they said it was too late (passed the 6wk deadline or something) we cancelled the ad before we received the proof and we also informed the rep, i did threaten to tell the local people about the incident and the more or less couldnt give a damn. It is so frustrating that people can get away with this