company reg no

lar1973

I am going to be trading as a sole trader and i have applied for a vat no and tax clearance cert. Do i need a company reg no. ( i know it sounds like a silly question). thanks

You wont get a Company Number is you are trading as a Sole Trader.

Have you registered with CRO as a Sole Trader (Trading name). If you have, then you will have received a Business Number.

I am a soul trader and had to get a company registeration number. The golden pages insisted on it when I wanted to advertise with them.

You cannot get a company registration number as a sole or soul trader. Company registration numbers are reserved for companies.

You can, as RonanC said get a Business Registration Number by filing form [broken link removed] with the CRO.

soul trader?! I'm actually the grim reaper! If they can't be got, how come I got one?

soul trader?! I'm actually the grim reaper! If they can't be got, how come I got one?

If you have a COMPANY registration number, when trading as a sole trader then there is a big cock up somewhere. Are you sure that what you have is not a BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION. ?

If you have a COMPANY registration number, when trading as a sole trader then there is a big cock up somewhere. Are you sure that what you have is not a BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION. ?

My mistake, Its a business name registration. Glad there was no big cock up somewhere.

The confusion is quite understandable. I can't for the life of me understand why on earth every business name certificate that is issued is accompanied by a receipt headed "COMPANIES REGISTRATION OFFICE". It would confuse the Pope.

The confusion is quite understandable. I can't for the life of me understand why on earth every business name certificate that is issued is accompanied by a receipt headed "COMPANIES REGISTRATION OFFICE". It would confuse the Pope.

Thanks ubiquitous, feel better now,