Company liquidated by revenue - can director start again??

I'm not sure where to start (again). As I said above, court actions by ODCE start at High Court level, not district court, and maybe you missed my inference that this in itself is part of the problem.

As regards company law matters, there are actually plenty of things individual membes of the public can do. Creditors of a company can apply to have it wound up, and appoint a liquidator, whose report (to the High court) may result in the restriction or disqualification of the director. There are lots of sections in the companies acts that pertain to civil offences and civil remedies; they're just so rarely invoked... and again IMO the fact that the cost of (high court) action is prohibitive, is a factor, especially since the offending company can be depended on not to have the resources to meet any liabilities after months/years of legal proceedings.

Beyond that, I think people need to be careful who they're doing business with. If they don't do their homework they're always going to be a target for gangsters like the OP described.

I agree with the last post re doing the homework before hiring someone. At least in the case of Mr A in my original post, some fairly basic googling will highlight his multiple liquidations and also the restriction registered against him so his chances of suckering somone else are fairly limited compared to even 2 years ago....