Company in receivership - where does stock go?

shootingstar

A furniture & carpet company closed its doors today in the town I live in. There was 3 security guards put on the premises. As I walked on I was wondering what was going to happen to the beautiful furniture they have in there?

Depends on the reason for closure, Most of the time if its a liquidation the stock is sold off or auctioned, some times the liquidator will sell it all in one package to one of these stock liquidation companies who take it away and sell it off as part of a larger auction. Ask the security crew if you are interested in some of it, they might be able to point you to the correct person to deal with

Westgolf.

Often the stock may be subject to 'reservation of title clauses', which means it may well revert back to the original manufacturer or distributor if they haven't been paid for same.

You should contact the liquidator/receiver to try to find out when/if there will be a sale. Some of the stock may be unavailable due to retention of title clauses and no doubt this is something the liquidator/receiver is trying to sort out at the moment with supplier before deciding if they have enough stock to justify opening the shop for a few days etc.