Company has 200k to invest.

Sneachta Pat

Hi Guys,
Fortunate enough to have 200k company funds coming off a 2yr Fixed Term reward account today. Would be a fairly risk adverse sort, looking to invest in a 1 to 2 yr product or products. Willing to look at most options due to the decrease in deposit rates. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also my parents have a seperate 80k coming off deposit also and have asked me to look at some options on their behalf. Both are early 60's would topping up their pensions be a good option at this stage? One parents pension has been drawn down and approx 130k in the other pension fund.
Many thanks.

Hi Sneachta Pat,

There are a lot of companies/individuals in your position who are now looking at deposit alternatives to at least add some diversification and hopefully offer the prospect of inflation plus returns. Unfortunately the reality is that there are no risk free options which can deliver inflation plus returns. Even with deposits there is credit risk for amounts above that which is covered by the Deposit Guarantee Scheme ( normally €100k per person per institution)
We operate as independent fee based advisers and have selected some alternatives which we would consider as attractive/realistic deposit alternatives and are putting these to our clients to consider.
We have prepared a client briefing note which we can forward to you and can take your queries once you have had a chance to review. There will be no charge for this. If you are interested please either send me a pm or you can contact us on the link below.
You may well get other suggestions from other posters and these should all help you come to an informed decision as to some of the reasonable alternatives that are out there.

Kind regards Vincent

Pat

for such a short period of time, you are probably still better off to leave it on deposit. Any investing should be for a 5 year period. You'd be taking a big risk investing for such a short period.

Re your parents, pension may be an option. How much have they in their pension pot? If it's at a low level, they may be stuck with a poor annuity or having it all in an ARF until 75. You'd need to assess all their assets before making a firm recommendation but a diversified portfolio with a large element in cash for a start.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie