Company dissolution and van.

terse

Hi Folks,

Hope this is the right place for this.

My company has been struck off for about a month due to not filing ARs. Now I was unaware of this but was gonna wind it up anyway and only found out when I went on the CRO website to find out what the procedure was. There is no money in the company and the only asset left is the van which is my only mode of transport. I was gonna just transfer it into my own name but if my understanding is correct and to my horror it is now the property of the state.

Is this correct and what is the situation if I send off the change of ownership now.

Thanks..

Minister for Finance owns your van until it is restored.

You can restore a company in the CRO without going to court provided it is done within a year.

If you execute the vehicle transfer document, whether the state property divison of the dept of finance ever find out and seek to set aside the transfer within 6 years is another matter.

Minister for Finance owns your van.

The new government is looking for ways to reduce the ministerial transport bill - maybe you've partially solved the problem. Look forward to seeing Noonan & Howlin driving around in your van :)

Seriously - gabhain7's advice re: restoration is what you should do.

Back