Commuting from Duleek to Dublin

S

Sharon

I am considering moving out of the city to Duleek. It seems a nice town. I work in the centre of town (along the canal) so I would be spending a lot of time going back and forth. Is anyone else travelling and can give me an estimate of how long it takes each way? Also what is Duleek like as a town to live in? I'm trying to weight up being outside Dublin in a new house and garden or stay in Dublin city and have extra time in bed! (but in a house almost half the size). Any info would be great. Thanks all.

One of my mates is doing the commute to Abbey street but is usually going in early (for about 7am) and he typically leaves about 6:10. Coming home can take an hour to an hour 1/2 depending on how early he leaves.

Fuel costs really add up but he's now running a diesel which helps a lot.

Don't forget the toll bridge which add an extra €15 a week for the commute (€1.50 each time).

Duleek is nice but growing rapidly (where isn't?) but you are getting more space for your money no doubt. Very close to Drogheda too and my mate is giving serious thought to getting the train from there or Balbriggan when he eventually does to 9-5.

The new N2 will help but once you hit the M50 you'll crawl from there into town whether you go N2 or N3. I live in Ratoath and wouldn't want to commute from here into the city centre and Duleek is a good bit further out than here. I know what you're saying about size of house and garden but you have to have a life too and I think you'd be spending a lot of time in your car. Plus the petrol costs have to be pretty huge to do that commute 5 times a week. Experiment one day and drive out there after work and see how long it takes. Before you commit to buying a house drive out there in the morning or stay in a B&B and drive into work. It will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Back