Commuting from Celbridge

F

Figs27

I am thinking of moving to Celbridge. What is the commute to Dublin City Centre like in the mornings? how long does it take?

From celbridge origionaly, You can get a mortons bus(private coach for about €2.50..check out circle line on the web for times) or the 67 cie bus give or take it usually depends on traffic but your looking at about 40 mins to an hour...the traffic in lucan can be a nightmare which is why i used to get mortons at 7.20 and it bypassed lucan so it took about 40 mins tops where as the same time cie bus could take over an hour!

Hi Figs27,

I'm currently getting Mortons Bus into Dublin. Get the 7.30 and sitting at my desk for 8.30 each day. (City Centre). Then get the 5.15 home and usually getting off the bus at 6.10.
Not bad!!
Traffic coming into Celbridge in the evenings can be a bit if a nightmare.
Probably need to get the 7.20 bus in the winter as Sarah suggests cause traffic can be a lot heavier.

If you have flexible working hours then you can avoid the traffic. I leave (driving) Celbridge at 6.20 and am sitting at my desk in Donnybrook by 7.00, 6.55 this morning!! I then leave at 3.30 and I'm home by 4.30. That's going by the N4, M50 etc - there are probably quicker ways but as this is a short term thing for me I haven't checked them out.

Back