Commute to Lepoardstown

T

Thrifty Knot

Hi there,

Taking up employment soon in Leopardstown and was wondering which would be the better commute - Arklow/Gorey, or Newbridge. Could people with knowledge of each commute inform me how long? Arrival at the office required for circa 8:30am / 8:45am.

I've a young family, 3 under 7, and was wondering where i could achieve more quality of life for the family, Arklow or Newbridge?

Coming from Newbridge will take approx 2 hour to get to work approx probably a little less getting home once the roadworks are complete on the M7. The M50 is a carpark at the moment during rush hours periods. If its raining / bad weather generally add about a hour.
Don't know about travelling from Arklow/Gorey

A friend of mine travels from south of Arklow (nearer Gorey), he leaves at 7:30 or just a little earlier if he can, and it takes only 45mins to leopardstown / sandyford. Its almost motorway all the way, only problem is getting off the m50 at sandyford.

If you can, adjust your hours to 8 - 4pm, he's home by 5 everynight by doing those hours.

Arklow would win my vote, for that reason, and also cos its coastal. :)

I commute from 8 miles south of Gorey to Cabinteely every day. It takes 1 hr 10 mins each way, and is well worth it. Good road most of the way.

Back