Commute Time Please - South Dublin (Knocklyon/Firhouse) to East Point Business Park?

Faltermeyer

I'm looking at a possible new job in East Point Business Park, but am living in Knocklyon.

Does anyone do a similar journey (i.e. from Knocklyon, Firhouse, Ballycullen, Templogue, Rathfarnham, etc.)?

I'm not sure yet what the hours would be but I'm guessing either 8-4:30 (ish) or 9-5:30 - I think the earlier start is more likely but I'm not sure.

I've tried town leaving at 7:45am and door to door for the interview it was 8:45am when I walked into the office - so I guess through town you could say ~1hour, maybe less if leaving at 7am - theres just so many traffic lights. M50 then M1 is an option but A. its all-round-the-world to get there, and B. I wonder if you'd hit traffic once you reach the M1 and start heading back towards town?

I'm not really in a position to try different routes/again though as I'm currently in another job.

Re: Commute Time Please - South Dublin (Knocklyon/Firhouse) to East Point Business Pa

I commute from Ballycullen to the Port just down the road from East point. I doing it on a motorbike it takes me about 30/35 mins. Sometimes I drive but to be honest it is a nightmare as there is no easy way to get there and you never know where the traffic is going to be. It can take anything from 45mins to 1hr 30min if raining by car. If you were going to do it I would recomment getting yourself a moped/motorbike.

Re: Commute Time Please - South Dublin (Knocklyon/Firhouse) to East Point Business Pa

Thanks. Do you go through town?
If so, what route do you take?

When I did it last week I took: Templeogue, Rathgar, Rathmines, Georges street, Dame Street (left, then U turn,) then illegally (forgot/missed signs) over O'Connell bridge, down to IFSC, Amien st, fairview, East Point.

WHen you say 45mins-1h30 - what time would you be leaving at?

I take it you are talking about when I drive so many different ways to go but as i do it so infrequently I would use the East link - rathfarnham, orwell road, ranelagh, down by jurys/lansdowne road go onto sandymount road and over east link.
I would leave after 8- lots of different ways you could go M50, hueston down quays. Templeouge road is a nightmare near rathdown due to lights at that time, rathgar/rathmines are ok, canal is nightmare as well. Prob is that you are never sure where u might get caught ranelagh can be bad, canal is generally bad so avoid that.
U could also go via harolds cross, christchurch onto Quays as well.
On bike templeogue, rathgar, rathmines, canal, ringsend, through gap in wall at east link over east link.

Thanks again, good to get some first hand experience.

So you'd be leaving home in the mornings at 8am.

What about leaving in the evenings - what time would that be? 5? or 5:30?

I generally do the school run in the mornings so leave around and 90% of the time I am on a bike - generally come home after 6. If driving traffic is normally very bad up to Ranelagh then ok from there on home if you take the rat runs.
Another guy here comes from Knocklyon can take between 50 mins to 1hr 40mins he leaves about 8.30pm Another comes from blessington can take leaving at 7 anywhere from 1hr to 2hrs - a bit of rain makes a huge difference. Also Tues/wed/thurs tend to be the worst days as people if they tend not to work it is either Mondays or Fridays.

Back