Commute Time from Carpenterstown/Castleknock to Citywest

mise

Hi,

I'm considering taking a position in citywest and live in carpenterstown. I would have to start at 8.30 and leave at 5.00.

What is the commute time?

What is the best route?

M

Mise

Budget for an hour. You would probably need to leave Carpenterstown 7:00 a.m. at the latest. The route I used to take was via Strawberry Beds, Lucan, via Baldonnel.

Gettin gout of Citywest can be dicey especially at that time due to volume of traffic, but again I would budget for an hour taking the same route back.

Best of luck in the new job.

C

Mise

Budget for an hour. You would probably need to leave Carpenterstown 7:00 a.m. at the latest. The route I used to take was via Strawberry Beds, Lucan, via Baldonnel.

Gettin gout of Citywest can be dicey especially at that time due to volume of traffic, but again I would budget for an hour taking the same route back.

Best of luck in the new job.

C

yup used to do the same - there are some variations on the route mentioned above but they all work out about the same - the guts of an hour... was always worse on the way back from work for some reason!

If you took the strawberrry beds, up through lucan as though youre heading to liffey valley, cross over the n4 and take the new ring road its a straight road to citywest and come in the citywest back road. I would have said 45 mins tops from castleknock. Takes me under an hour (am and pm) from ashbourne.

Back