Commute query: Stoneybatter to Rathmines

Audders

Hi,

I'm new to dublin and considering a move from Fairview to stoneybatter. As I work in blanchardstown this would be an ok commute. However, other half works in rathmines - can anyone advise the best way to get there by bus? I've tried the dublinbus website but to not avail. Is it best to walk to O'connell street and get a bus from there?

Would really appreciate if anyone can help.

Audders

5-10 minute walk down Brunswick Street to Church Street/Constitution Hill and get the [broken link removed] straight across to Rathmines from there. That's what I did when I was working out there for a brief period in 2005.

Your other half could get the Luas from the Benburb St area (National Museum/Smithfield depending on where you are) to Abbey St/O Connell St, and pick up the Rathmines bus from there (14 from BurgerKing on O Connell St, 15a from Eden Quay at the end of O Connell St). I don't think there's a bus which passes through both the Stoneybatter area and Rathmines.

During morning/evening rush hour traffic it would be quicker to cycle than to take public transport.

Last edited: