Commute from Lucan to Citywest - can you help?

muzaway

I am considering accepting a position in a company in Citywest, I live in Lucan and am a bit worried about the commute. Is there anyone on these boards that does that commute every day?

My hours would be 9-5.30pm, I would be travelling from Lucan village (bridge at the Strawberry beds) to Citywest...I had considered going through Hillcrest estate and out onto the road at Superquin, then past Peamount hospital into Newcastle and out at Rathcoole. Is the Newcastle road a nightmare in that direction (I know it can be inbound)?

Thanks in advance!

Better route from Lucan might be to continue on past Superquinn, take a left at Polly Hops pub, to new road/interchange (well relatively new) at Baldonell (follow the signs for - I think - Kingswood) and then into the 'rear' entrance of City West Business Park...(you pass Roadstone on your left).

The flyover off the N7 into Citywest can be solid in the morning.

Thanks a lot - took that route this morning took me 1 hour door to door. ALL of the traffic was from Superquinn Lucan to Pollyhops...new road a dream from there.

The new road will lead to a flyover over the M4 in the next 12 to 18 months - at the moment it leads to nowhere in particular.

Back