Commute from Finglas

newhousey

Anyone know how long it takes to get from Finglas to Donnybrook during weekday mornings, I would need to be in Donnybrook around 9.30 using public transport.....

leaving from phibsboro 2 years ago it would normally be about 45mins - O'Connell St being the main bottleneck - probably add another 15/20 for the Finglas trip?

Train from ashtown? This goes to Pearse, is fairly regular in the mornings. The odd one goes to Greystones (not advertised on time table for some bizarre reason), so you could in theory get there on one train to Sydney Parade. Otherwise, change to a DART at Connolly. Check out www.irishrail.ie

How about getting the train from Broombridge to Sydney Parade. You'll have to change trains at Connolly but that journey might only take 30 mins if you're lucky with connections. After that it depends how close you live/work to either station.

The Broombridge service 'should' be every 15 mins once the Spencer dock station is complete. I heard rumours they might be closing Broombridge station in the future though.

Howitzer - I live on that line and use it regularly, I think plans are afoot to close Broombridge in the near future....

If you're near Finglas village the train is no good to you. The buses into town are reasonably frequent and there is a QBC on the main road into town. You'd have to transfer to a 10/46A then though. It used to take me over an hour to drive a similar distance so I'd imagine the bus would be about the same - the speed of the QBC would be negated by the change of bus in the middle. Another option is to get off the bus in Phibsboro and get the 10 there. The advantage is that, once you're on the 10 you can doze off/read a newspaper and you're not queuing alongside half the students of Dublin as you would be if you were in town.

Back