Commute from Brittas Bay/Wicklow town area to Dublin?

DeKi

Hi there,

My partner and I are thinking about settling in the general Brittas Bay/Wicklow town area. The plan is to buy a site with an existing structure and re build it. Whilst we work in the city we are country mice at heart.

We both work in Dublin and would hope to commute. His hours are pretty flexible and I usually start quiet early so would miss a lot of the traffic. I would be really grateful for any advice you could give me or indeed if there are any of you out there currently doing it, I would be very interested in how you find it.

We have driven it a number of times and traffic flow seems ok.
I work in Terenure and so would escape alot the "city centre" traffic.

It is a huge decision for us, thank you in advance for your comments.

Thanks for that pansyflower...
We wouldnt need to as go through the town so that wont be issue..
Do you commute yourself?

Deki, I sometimes travel down to Brittas (family down there), it takes 40minutes to Sandyford/Stillorgan in good traffic but I think you would need to leave around 7:30am to avoid the bad traffic.

I've family living down there who commute daily to Sandyford so it is do-able, you would want to enjoy driving though!

I was driving from Brittas Bay to Dun Laoghaire for couple of years.
It takes about 45 min during kids holidays and could take 1.5 hours if your work is 9-17.....
when Wicklow by-pass will be finished( supposed to be 2010, looks like this delayed), you'll save another 10-15 minutes - there is alwais traffic jam during the summer, fridays are the worst....

Also been driving Brittas Bay-Tallagh , the same time, if you DO NOT work 9-17.00... otherwise you'll stock in Kilmacanogue area....

longer driving time during the winter.....absolutely lovely arey, but check water supply ( very hard water) and electricity - we lived there 6 years and had electlricity interraptions during busier summer months .... also look for house further away from Central Parking- could be overcrowded on summer....

Back