Commute Drogheda - Edenderry

GarBow

Might be a long shot but anyone out there currently driving this commute monday - friday?

Any comments on time of journey, route etc would be great.

AA route-finder say 1h35min avoiding motorways.

Thanks

GarBow

This commute would not be pleasant. Roads are generally poor. Lots of twists and turns. Navan can be very busy in the morning and again returning home. If you have to, then you have to....but I would personally be very reluctant to do it.

Thanks gebbel.

I think you've just confirmed what i thought.
It's a case of having to unfortunately.
I'll have to be down there for 7.30 so i may miss the worst of the traffic. Probably hit it coming home then!

Thats contracting :mad:

You could avoid some of the Navan traffic (esp the Dublin-bound) by turning right at the fire station in Navan (heading for Kells), taking the next left, then right at the roundabout heading for the hospital.

Go straight across the junction at the hospital, passing pairc Tailteann on your left, cross over the railway line and continue until you reach the first set of traffic lights at a crossroads. Turn left - you're now in the Beechmount Estate area. Continue straight to the end of that road until you meet the main Navan-Trim road (petrol station ahead of you). Turn right and you're on the way to Trim.

It can be used on the way back too, can be a little more congested, but you're avoiding having to go through the busiest part of Navan town.

Back