commercial vehicle vat

D

daddy N

i bought a new nissan navara crew cab 12 months ago and am considering trading it in against a new one as i have put 45000 km on it already.
i did not reclaim vat on original price of 39000 as i was not registered , the garage now tell me that because i cannot supply a vat invoice the trade in value is euro 25k. it would be euro 30k if invoice could be supplied. 14000e for one years driving seems criminal, are they right in this?
any advice appreciated thanks

i bought a new nissan navara crew cab 12 months ago and am considering trading it in against a new one as i have put 45000 km on it already.
i did not reclaim vat on original price of 39000 as i was not registered , the garage now tell me that because i cannot supply a vat invoice the trade in value is euro 25k. it would be euro 30k if invoice could be supplied. 14000e for one years driving seems criminal, are they right in this?
any advice appreciated thanks

Don't mean to sound nosey but is there finance on it and if so get the garage to pay off the finance to the finance company and they will get a V.AT. recipt from them to the value left on the finance.

Back