Commercial Jeep

mrt

I am a sole trader, can I write the entire jeep off as a company expense ?

Is there still Benefit in Kind, considering its a commercial Jeep and they have this new law saying it has to be driven for business?

Tom

You sound incredibly confused.

You're a sole trader - so dont use the word company, use the word business. They are totally different.

As a sole trader there is no BIK.

You get capital allowances but would only get a % as there would likley be personal use.

It sounds like you could do with some professional advice to be honest, so go see your accountant

An efficient way to run a car through your books legally as a sole trader used to be to lease-purchase it over five years.

Apparently you are writing off a financial service arrangement as opposed to depreciating an asset.

This was back in 2000 and I'm not an expert here guys, so feel free to correct me.

ONQ.

I am a sole trader, can I write the entire jeep off as a company expense ?

Is there still Benefit in Kind, considering its a commercial Jeep and they have this new law saying it has to be driven for business?

Tom

There is no new law.

If your vehicle is taxed as a Commercial vehicle, it is supposed to be used exclusively for business. That has always been the law.

I presume you're referring to the the new requirement to provide a PPS number on your Commercial Motor Tax documents.

Back