Comeragh road, drimnagh, d12

New-Red

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone knows this road.

I recently pulled out of buying an apt (some sound advice from the good folk on this site) in a different area.

Now looking at a house in the aforementioned area.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

We meet again New-Red!

I live near enough to Drimnagh and when I was buying my house, (albeit) 7 years ago, I looked around Drimagh with a view to buying.
Comeragh road (and the west end of Drimagh in general) is the one of the best (quieter) parts. You will have no worries there. Also the houses there are a great size.... I had a friend living on Brandon Road - just behind Comeragh and he was very happy there (he moved for work reasons).

Like anywhere, you should view the house and neighbourhood at different times of the day / night.
My neighbourhood is an ex-corpo and I find that the only "hassle" comes from bored teenagers hanging round - in reality they don't do anything (literally) except hang round so they're quite harmless!!
I'd advise you, if you do go ahead and buy in an ex-corpo location, to avoid houses near green spaces, shops and street corners - these are magnets for teenagers. I live in the middle of a long street and the kids never hang round near my house.

The only thing to think about, if you are thinking of Drimnagh is that the parts on the canal side are nearer to the Luas line.

part of comeragh road near kilworth is coupld of mins from luas. TBH i barely use luas, buses around drimnagh are as quick and unless going specifically to northside luas not much good to me.

agree with above that the western part of drimnagh is best - Associated Properties built houses . these were always private houses and about 900sq ft versus 750 ish for corpo houses...so`roads to look for are comeragh, brandon, mangerton, upper galtymore, middle of cooley, upper mourne road, dromard....thats not to say the ex corpo area isn't nice as well, just the above roads are generally nicer in my opinion

Cheers for the replies! Much appreciated!!

(macstuff, i seem to be following you around, first dun laoghaire, now drimnagh! )

I'm looking around this area at present, there's a few properties going for around 200K. Anyone got any up to date advice? (ok, to be honest, I'm just waiting for BICIP to tell me that I am not mad!)

200 for up around comeragh rd or Brandon rd would be a pretty good deal. Hate to think that's all I'd get for my place!