Come On You Spurs

jasconius

It is about time that us long suffering fans of the Lilywhites should get and deserve a mention here for finally breaking the iron grip of Stamford Bridge, Emirate Stadium, Old Trafford and Anfield in qualifying every year for the last one hundred years for the Champions League.
Credit is due to Harry Redknapp alone for doing this. He has bought and sold wisely for the last eighteen months to build a team worthy of going some distance in Europe.
Well done 'arry - you have finally brought us some joy.
Triffic!

Very Funny !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVIh9Yc4SWo

First time in 49 years.

YET, I heard the Today FM sport guy talking of speculation of Redknapp being ousted if spurs hadn't made it.

WTF ?!

As a non-sports fan I find this kind of stuff very difficult.

So he's either the best in the world or doesn't even deserve the job - no middle ground :confused:

YET, I heard the Today FM sport guy talking of speculation of Redknapp being ousted if spurs hadn't made it.

If it was Collins I wouldn't take any notice. That man knows nothing about sport unless its hurling. I stopped listening to Today FM in the morning because of him.

Well done to Spurs. Any team that goes that offensive deserves to win. 442 with 4 attacking midfielders was a brave decision when a draw was enough. And a run-in of victories against Chelsea (where they should have scored 5 or 6), Arsenal and City deserves credit.

Credit where its due.

Spurs played very well last night and were easily the best team. They played attacking football and thats to be admired.

City just proved that for all their spending they are a bunch of individuals. They have made some poor buys and are far from the finished article. Whoever thought paying £30m for Adebayor and then paying him £170,000 each week needs shooting. He was tragic last night and looked like he didn't really care if they won or not. He couldn't even stay onside when the through balls came.

I guess they will just spend a few hundred million in the summer and try to correct things.

+1 about the individuals. Watching Bellamy high-fiving 'Arry after the game said it all.

And all this without Robbie Keane - I'm afraid he's had it with 'arry. A quick swap for Steven Pienaar would send him back to Liverpool post haste after the WC.

Or

If Spurs finish fourth, their opponents could come from Ajax, Celtic, Werder Bremen, Porto, Mallorca, Sampdoria, Lyon, CSKA Moscow and Olympiakos.

Fair play to spurs but dont forget they still have a qualifying game before they get in to champions league proper,let's hope they do it cause they are a brilliant team to watch & i'm a man u fan

My parents went to see see Spurs v Wolves in the fifties on their honeymoon , exotic or what !

My Dad got me the programme from the 1967 Cup Final when they beat Chelsea and a commerorative pennant from the game and allied to the fact that a friend's Dad signed for Spurs I became a committed Spurs fan and presumed that it would simply be a matter of sitting back and enjoying the Glory Glory days which would surely follow , the naivety of youth !

Even the aforementioned friend had enough nous at a young age not to pledge his undying love to such a fickle team .

Still there were great days and I still take immense consolation from the fact that they always tried to play in the right manner even during the days when they were not equipped to do so !

Well done to Spurs on a huge achievement in qualifying for Europe , you've made an old man very happy !

Congrats, Jasconius, and all your fellow travellers. I have my fingers, toes and other vital parts crossed for Leeds this weekend!

At last!!!! What an afternoon - a man down, a goal down, losing 2nd place several times during the afternoon, and the lack of a board telling how many minutes extra time at the end......but watch out Championship, Leeds are back!!

Marching on Together!

(sorry for hijacking the Spurs thread!)

Congrats Gipimann on Leeds United.
Looking back I remember that Don Revie was probably the most hated manager in England for his borderline tactics. Didn't he leave the England squad in the lurch as well.

Anyway, that was nearly forty years ago. So here is my favourite Spurs v Leeds United photo from those good old days.

[broken link removed]

At last!!!! What an afternoon - a man down, a goal down, losing 2nd place several times during the afternoon, and the lack of a board telling how many minutes extra time at the end......but watch out Championship, Leeds are back!!

Marching on Together!

(sorry for hijacking the Spurs thread!)

Unrestrained joy, Gipimann!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I listened to the whole match on BBC 5 Live. Heart attack stuff. I thought it was gone for a while. And I couldn't believe how that clown, Gradel, reacted to being sent off! But a dramatic second half. I love happy endings!

Nice pic, Jasconius. It just goes to show how misunderstood that Leeds team, and Billy Bremner, in particular, were.

Look at the pic again. Bremner was a total pacifist! ;)

In a word...........

yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
oh what unbridled joy for a saturday afternoon, they dont half put their fans through the wringer though!!!! drama of the highest order. delighted...

yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
oh what unbridled joy for a saturday afternoon, they dont half put their fans through the wringer though!!!! drama of the highest order. delighted...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeahh baby!! At about 4:15 on Saturday I was about as ****ed off as ye can be - by about 4:30 I was a believer again - by 4:55 pure joy, can't be good for the heart but what an afternoon! Here's hoping we can build on this now. MOT.

I know i was watching it on sky sports news and charlie nichols was screaming in the background and jumping around at every little thing. who knew that watching someone watching a football match could be so terrifying??? i was watching it in my friends house and he has a new born who had just woken up, shouting was out of the question, but waving of the arms and pumping the fists through the air was the order of the moment, much to the bemusement of his girlfriend and their dog....although he is a spurs fan son wednesday he was going nuts too.

Anyone think that Alex Ferguson will never win another trophy for the rest of his career? Given Man Us financial situation and dependancy on aging players who they cant replace, it looks like they're on the slide.

Back