Combi boiler + low water pressure - which shower is best?

gnubbit

Hi,

Have had a new combi boiler installled and it seems good. There is no cold water storage tank; cold water comes from the mains and hot water comes from the mains through the combi boiler.

The water pressure downstairs is great but upstairs is a bit pathetic. I'd read a lot on combi boilers and people seemed to rave about the pressure they got from their showers; the only limiting factor seemed to be mains pressure (which seems fine downstairs).

I don't have confidence in the heating and plumbing company who installed it, hence I'm enquring here.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I know the water is going against gravity but is a pump usually installed?

If I'm stuck with this, what kind of shower would give me the best performance? I had planned on a thermostatic mixer but am now thinking of a Triton or Mira. I know I'm limited because of the combi boiler and lack of storage tank.

Thanks in advance,

g

FWIW, I had exactly this situation in a previous property; Grant oil-fired combi, Mira thermostatic shower on upper floor, low water pressure. I bought a water pump/booster set which never left its box - the Mira coped just fine.

Thanks for the reply - that's encouraging! The pressure is noticably lower upstairs - is this normal? I have my eye on a nice mixer shower but don't want to feel that I'm standing under a trickle!