Colourtrend problems

joer

Hi there.
I am looking for advice . I am using colourtrend paint exterior, grey, to cover the grey , Dulux , that is already on the house for the last three years. While most of the house is coming up good there are a lot of very light colour patches some small and some very large, I have tried going over these light spots but it does not seem to be helping at all. The paint has been mixed very well before i used it so that should not be the problem. Has anyone had this problem and if so I would be glad to hear from you.
Thanks

Hi there.
I am looking for advice . I am using colourtrend paint exterior, grey, to cover the grey , Dulux , that is already on the house for the last three years. While most of the house is coming up good there are a lot of very light colour patches some small and some very large, I have tried going over these light spots but it does not seem to be helping at all. The paint has been mixed very well before i used it so that should not be the problem. Has anyone had this problem and if so I would be glad to hear from you.
Thanks
I'm a painter and without a visual aid the only thing I can think of is thicker clumps of paint in the bucket that forms on the underside of the lid where theres an air pocket. This paint can be somewhat thicker as it has been able to dry a little on the underside of the lid. They come loose when mixing. This is common and can be unnoticeable untill it is streatched or spread out. Strain or sieve the paint to remove these. As I said they are not noticable as they are covered in paint but the dye has not penetrated into these 'globs'. Without removing these you may have to WORK harder on the roller to spread them out. 2 coats are always advisable to cover your last colour so you dont get fading so filtering out these globs is not necessary until the FINISH coat. Good luck.

Thanks for that. There is actually no paint on the lid at all. It is quite possible that is the problem. I am putting the same color on . I thought first that the ,new , color was slightly lighter than the previous one. I actually went over one area with a brush but there are still "two" colors visible. Some are small but some are big patches.

I tried a second tin that I got at the same time and it seems to be ok. The first one must not have mixed very well .

I tried a second tin that I got at the same time and it seems to be ok. The first one must not have mixed very well .
You can test all buckets against each other to see if there is a difference. If possible buckets that are different may be used up on the first coat so long as there is enough of the right colour to finish the house.

Keep in mind..
If the wrong colour is used to cut in (this may only need to be done once) then more work may be created if you finish with your right colour. If this has happened to avoid patches and extra work you may finish a side with the same paint so long as the mismatch isn't too noticeable against the adjoining side.

Ideally all buckets are checked first. If they are slightly off they are mixed thoroughly and if necessary all mixed together.

Back