Coloured uPVC Windows

arasain

Hi,
Came across this at Self Build Exhibition in Galway at the weekend. We've been looking for a solution to have a permanent colour (Black on the outside, White on the Inside) on our windows but could only achieve it with painted wooden windows. The PVC option up to now was a film applied to one side which deteriorates very quickly. However this COLOR-LINE technology looks the business. http://www.wymar.com/colorline/default.asp?lang=en&country=be&l=en

Be warned that PVC expands/contracts heavily under the influence of temperature. That's the reason why most manufacturers haven't taken coulered PVC into their standard programm.
The darker a material's surface is the more it is influenced by light - the more it moves the less it seals, esp. around the walls. Using dark PVC windowframes will sooner or later demage the sealant strip between the wall and window frame.
But maybe this company has a solution for this problem.....

It is quiet common to have a woodgrain effect on the outside and white on the inside.

Reggie,
I know; I've seen them but again I'm fairly sure this was achieved by applying a film to one side. This colorline technology claims to be a powder coating / bonding process with the associated scratch resistance etc...Anyway I'm going to get a quote from them - I reckon they're bound to beat 30k which I got quoted for for Wooden with 2 colours! I'll keep you posted

A brochure is available from their site
[broken link removed]

I seen this product at the weekend at the show in galway.
Far superior to previous attempts at coloured PVC.
And it is cheaper than Alumium.

Thanks,
Richard
www.furniture.ie

DaveMc

thanks for that. I've been dealing with them by email so far and they are very helpful and quick to come back so far. Need to go and actually have a look and feel of their windows.

K

Hi There. I am in the same boat. Missus wants wooden finish windows outside with cream on the inside. From what I can gather it is two aluminium windows bonded together therefore allowing different colours outside than in. I got quote for 31 windows, 3 hardwood doors and french doors for 21k.

nedtastic im in the same frame of mind as you. I would like to have an golden oak colour on the outside and a cream colour on the inside.

Now correct me if im wrong, but was'nt there a post here only a few days ago about a company that can provide this effect?

Im new to this site, but maybe you are not allowed to mention who this company is, so could somebody with this information PM it to me?
thank you.

Now correct me if im wrong, but was'nt there a post here only a few days ago about a company that can provide this effect?

Turns out the poster who was pretending to be a happy client espousing the virtues of this product is associated with this company, so they were banned and the posts removed.
Leo

We had this same problem on our new build - the only people who gave us exactly what we wanted without trying to talk us out of it, was TJ Grady in Charlestown Co Mayo - it's a grey wood-grain on the outside, and white on the inside. They do all the usual colours too.

No connection other than as a satisfied customer.

so does anybody else do wood/ cream pvc windows as i rang O Gradys and colourline and they told me they only do wood/ white or wood /wood.
Now if this ***** windows company are the only people who can do wood/ cream or any colour, dont you think that people should know about it? after all this is supposed to be a helpful site. I know that a lot of people who are building their own home use this site as its one of the best, but to ban information is just wrong. like what many others and I experienced, it can be very stressful trying to get quotes and information from some companies. so to finish, I would appreciate any information on wood/ colour pvc and the companies that supply them.

so does anybody else do wood/ cream pvc windows as i rang O Gradys and colourline and they told me they only do wood/ white or wood /wood.
Now if this ***** windows company are the only people who can do wood/ cream or any colour, dont you think that people should know about it?

Would you trust a company that acted in such an underhanded manner? We are certainly under no obligation to provide a company who have openly abused AAM with free publicity.

There are plenty of window companies out there, a few phone calls shouldn't prove all that stressful.
Leo

Back