Colour of car for resale

lozza

is the colour of a car important for resale? I am getting a new mazda and choice of car I've been offered are black, dark grey, navy blue, and silver??

I'd say none of these are bad colours - silver and black would be the most desirable for resale. But for yourself, black marks easily - silver is probably the best colour there is for scratches etc not showing.

a dealer once said to me that white and red are colours to avoid as they have a poorer resale value

White, some greens, & beige are all poor sellers.

Red is fine, and silver is the most poular. A medium metallic finish hides dirt pretty well.

I believe it does, or at least that's what the dealer told me. Apparently there is a set of 'desirable' colours for each model but some of them are pretty standard. For example, metallics are more popular than matt.

Why do people choose these absolutely ridiculous colours?! There are some standard colours that just dont suit some tastes and thats fair enough. I think some cars seem to have common colour choices ( or is itjust me) eg. silver VW golf. The worst is the Barbie pink with every pink accessory inside the car, Barbie herself didn't have as many accesories as some peoples cars do!

Back