College Park Ballinteer

Dubliner16

Hi

Just wondering can anybody give me any thoughts they have on this estate. It seems very awkard to get out of this estate as so close to M50, wondering what is it like at 8.00 to 9.00 am?

Any anti social behaviour etc, looks like a nice estate, Looking to rent in there or possible purchase? Is there many kids in this estate as we have two young kids.

thanks

I have a friend that lives in this estate. Anytime i'm turning into the estate from the M50 or trying to turn towards Dundrum when exiting, it can be a nightmare. Dont want to know what its like at rush-hour!
Its a good estate, cant really knock it. The only thing my mate complains about is that both his neighbours are renters and has had some trouble with them that you could probably sort out easier with decent owner occupiers.

Thanks for that. Amazing you say about renters, we looked at a house for sale there recently and beside the house in the driveway was a old Honda civic with blacked out windows and a car van outside. Major sign for renters. Group of lads with big stereo's residing there I would say. I decided not to buy as did not want to be stuck beside that. Asked the estate agent about it and he never called back.

Agreed nice estate though and your point about the exit is 100% correct, Major nightmare trying to make a right hand turn out of the estate.

Our hunt goes on for a decent detached house.

I am living in College Park and have to say I love it - I have young kids and they are always out playing on the Green. I dont really have any problems getting in and out of the estate in the mornings - sometimes on the weeknds with traffic to Dundrum I might turn left instead of right and go up and around the roundabout but for the most part its ok. Good luck in your search for a new house,

The houses are fine houses in excellent location. Near to the LUAS and Town Centre but not so near that the estate is used as a car park.

There's traffic everywhere in Dundrum at peak times. I live nearer to Barton Road and it's no picnic there in the morning/evening either.

Thanks for the info, It took me 30 minutes to get from Rathfarham to Dundrum on Saturday, the traffic coming off the M50 was tailed back and you would have no hope of getting out of College Park. You would have to take a left hand turn and head towards the M50 to get out, nightmare and not for me. A trip to the local shops could take forever.

Nice estate as you say but traffic to bad in Dundrum for me.