Collections Department

Palerider

I'm working with a client in arrears on a borrowing with PTSB, he has provided a named official at that Bank with written confirmation of that instruction, I've contacted them three times trying to reach this person at that Bank and finally got the correct e-mail address after two previous officials in the Collections gave me the wrong address for their department !, the correct address for the benefit of all here and the staff at PTSB is collectionsinformation@permanenttsb.ie.

I mailed the named official and after a delay received the following reply...

Dear Sir, Please be advised the Collections Dept does not correspond by email.
Regards,Collections Dept.

I thought this worth sharing, they have an e-mail address, they referred me to it for crips sake, I duly sent them my message, they send me back this reply, it's 2012 and they want to use the postal service, come on TSB get your act together .., I won't comment as to the nameless, faceless person that did not have the common sense to add their name to this faceless message.

For once I don't think this is the bank's fault, it is several years since I worked in one but we were not allowed correspond by email about anything of any importance either, you could give someone the opening hours of the bank but nothing about accounts or anything like that. Last week an insurance company I was dealing with told me they could not email info to me either, some regulation or other doesn't allow it either.

Strange. The wont communicate over email yet will initiate requests and offer advice over the phone (apparantly recorded, but these go missing when it matters).

Appreciate that any requests over telephone must be followed up by snail mail. However, the canvassing from the lender on the phone which leads the customer to write a letter is never on record....

So lesson is maybe just use snail mail....

They probably use the email address internally. I don't think many phone calls are actually recorded, depends on the department, I worked in branchland and no calls were ever recorded, the phone msg said your call MAY be recorded but they never were.