Collapse of Irish Economy Predicted in 1998 RTE TV

That's truly amazing, Towger, if it really was shown in 1998. (And I'm not doubting you!)

He obviously didn't work as a Fianna Fáil advisor!

I was wondering about the vintage my self.
One of the shots is in Phibsborough (Doyles Corner?) and shows the AIB branch which closed several years ago. After a year or two the building became a solicitors office, who post crash (in PC terms) were found to be up to no good with their clients money....

Not a chance that was shown in 1998. Did I see a chip and pin credit card in the bath?

I did a Google search for Tom Prenderville and came across this thread on the same topic.
Another Google offering was for a Tom Prenderville writing for "The Sovereign Independent", a newspaper reporting the "Real News" with Tom and Jim Corr, amongst others, writing about what's really happening in the world.

Good work, Purple! Hard to imagine, if it was genuine, that more commentators wouldn't have picked up on it.

I'm still not sure it is a fake.

The screen logo '@', if my memory is correct, is for At Last TV which was a late night RTE 2 offering... (not sure if this is evident from the clip as I haven't watched it all due to no audio on my PC)

The screen logo '@', if my memory is correct, is for At Last TV which was a late night RTE 2 offering... (not sure if this is evident from the clip as I haven't watched it all due to no audio on my PC)

This clip from the show seems to have a different square-shaped @ logo.